Senior Project Engineers (SPE) will be responsible for multiple new product design projects, and or improvements to existing products as it relates to down-hole completions equipment (i.e. Packers, feed through, and multi-port, frac tools, plugs etc.). The S.P.E., will be required to present design concepts and or design status to management and clients as well as, to participate in the assembly, testing and disassembly (post inspection) of their design projects. Candidate must work with other members of the engineering and testing staff to ensure project tasks are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. Familiarity with API standards, concepts, practices, and procedures is required. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity, ownership and latitude is required.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Tejas Research & Engineering policies and applicable laws.
Required Competencies/Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Shall have a strong working knowledge of SolidWorks to design equipment, may be required to create your own drawings for quotation and manufacturing.
• Actively participate in the company’s Safety, Quality and Confidentiality policies
• Responsible for project conceptualization for new product development projects, and documenting the required design requirements via a design specification, and via contract review.
• Can be responsible for client communications and relations
• Manage project milestone progress and document using Gantt chart(s)
• Responsible for all design Input/Verification data (project scope documentation, design calculations, drawing layouts and review and release for manufacturing)
• Responsible for all Validation processes where applicable (i.e. coordination of testing agencies or personnel, test procedures, test reports, etc.)
• Lead and document design reviews.
• Coordinate and monitor manufacturing activities.
• Responsible for all final project deliverables, operating manuals, test reports, etc.
• Responsible for managing project costs (time and materials)
• Responsible for contract review and Quality processes as they relate to new product development
Core expertise: Completions Tool/Equipment and or Flow Control Design Engineering with five to ten years active engineering experience
• Oil & Gas Industry Experience, with core experience in Completions Engineering
• Two to three years of field experience
• Requires bachelor degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
• Must have excellent communication skills
SolidWorks preferred (solid modeling and drafting) - ProE experience acceptable.